Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Powers turning pro


The Anniston Star has learned that cornerback Jerraud Powers will forgo his senior season and enter the NFL Draft.

Powers, a Decatur native, finished the season with two interceptions and 47 tackles.

He started the year strong, but suffered a hamstring injury that limited him throughout the second half of the season.

Powers' decision means the defense will lose two junior starters from the 2008 team. Sen'Derrick Marks announced last week that he would also enter the NFL Draft.
UPDATE: Auburn has confirmed that Powers has declared himself for the NFL Draft.
“I want to thank the Auburn nation for their support during my career,” Powers said through a press release. “It was a very tough decision, but I did what God wanted me to do and what was best for my family and me. I’m thankful for my time at Auburn and will have nothing but fond memories.”
Several calls to Powers have not been returned.

No comments: