Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Chizik talks with media after Wednesday practice

AUBURN - Auburn coach Gene Chizik met with the media following Wednesday night's practice to discuss preparations for Saturday's game at Georgia.

Here's what he had to say:


Chizik

“I think again, this is kind of winding down our second week and we had a really good week of practice so far. Again, it’s going to be a fun game and we’ve got another day of preparation, which we definitely need, but they’ve been really focused and practice has done real good. We’ve still got a few things we need to clean up, but other than that, I feel good about where we’re at.”

How important is it to pace things out when you have a couple weeks to prepare?

“I don’t think there’s any question. There’s a fine line in there always between working them too much and not working them enough, kind of like a bowl game, and really trying to use some good judgment on how much they need versus how much they need to rest and get healthy. It’s important. I think we’ve got a good plan. I think our plan the way we have executed it over the last two weeks is about where we need to be. But it’s definitely important that you make some good decisions in that regard.”

Is Emory Blake making progress?

“I think so. I think he’s making progress. He’s not 100 percent, but day by day he’s getting better.”

Can you talk about the process of getting Eltoro Freeman to play so much better?

“I don’t want to make it sound like it’s a huge process. The more you play the more experience you get, the more confidence you get, the more you settle down. I think it’s more of that. I think it’s more of the experience part. Getting a comfort level with playing in those environments. You can’t simulate that in practice. It’s obviously an experience thing.”

No comments: