Sunday, September 7, 2008

Sunday storylines

Here's what I'm looking for today:

How is Kodi Burns handling the QB situation? I'm betting we aren't able to talk to Burns today. As a reporter, that stinks. Still, if I'm working for Auburn, I'm not sure I want Burns talking to the media today after he has officially been demoted to QB2. I can understand if they decide not to make Burns available.

Resolution to the Tray Blackmon situation. Blackmon isn't playing nearly as much as one would assume a starter would play. Josh Bynes has spelled Blackmon several times in each of the first two games. Blackmon said yesterday that he has no injury and that Bynes has simply earned playing time. I'd like to see what James Willis has to say. We've been unable to speak with position coaches except after games since a week before the first game.

How important is open-field tackling to the defensive success so far this year? DBs Walt McFadden, Jerraud Powers and Neiko Thorpe have all done an excellent job taking down receivers in space. Is that imperative with the cushions they give off the line of scrimmage?

How is the offense handling Chris Todd getting named the starter?

That's all for now. I'll check in again later.

No comments: