Thursday, December 11, 2008

Tuberville's resignation letter

Props to The Opelika-Auburn News and ace reporter Andrew Gribble for landing a copy of former Auburn coach Tommy Tuberville's letter of resignation.
Here it is, in its entirety:

Mr. Jay Jacobs
Director of Intercollegiate AthleticsAthletics Complex
CAMPUS
Dear Jay:
This letter will confirm our recent conversations about my status as Head Football Coach. After long consideration, I have decided to resign. I understand that, notwithstanding my resignation, the University will make a total payment of $5,083,334 as outlined in Section 21 of my contract. I also understand that the structure and timing of the payments may be modified by mutual agreement.
I deeply appreciate the opportunity to serve as Head Coach at Auburn and will continue to support Auburn’s Athletic Program in any way I can.

Sincerely,
Tommy Tuberville

No comments: